Who am I?
If I just knew....! I think I am not going to figure this question out, ever. But I can declare a bunch of facts that might help to understand.
I was born 1974 in Munich (Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe) into a family of taxi drivers. Although I also had my brief stance in this industry, I soon figured I should take another road for my carreer.
I've become an IT guy and still am. But is this all I am? And besides, do we really need criteria to stuff people into drawers?
What happened to individuality?
I am against judging people anyway, so let's mix up your picture of GulleMan by some more random criteria about me.... ;-)
So, I am....
- a husband (and an ex-husband)
- a father
- a brother
- a son, grandson and nephew
- a poker player
- a musician
- a friend, and a bff
- a brother in law
- an anti-theist
- a lover, and not a fighter
- a colleague
- a dreamer
- a bullshit hater
Some people out there might use less favourable adjectives when describing me, but aye - everybody is entitled to their opinion :-)
Here is my Youtube Channel: GulleManMusic
Coming next is a working document on things or people I love. It will be updated regularly and never reach 1.0 state. The order of things does NOT indicate importance. (Except #1)
So, that's everything I love.... (unfinished list)
1) My wife. Dating her since 2011. Overall, my favourite person.
- Bill Murray - the coolest man on earth.
- Barack Obama - in terms of cool, second to Bill.
- My fam. All of them. In particular, my Mum.
- My piano. No further explanation needed.
- My wealth of close friends. There's many. Blessed am I.
- Freedom. Having spent 10 years in exile, that's a lot.
- My life-time visa to New Zealand. I can return there any day.
- My in-laws. All of them.
- My God children. All four of them. They are the "herd" of my ex-brother-in-law, and yet, they love me, and my wife, way more than their own, native aunties.
- Financial backing. Literally priceless.
- Lang Lang. The guy who plays it right. These days.
- Jazz Piano - the ultimate standard. Nothing less will ever be acceptable to me, for me.
- Elon Musk. (yes, still)
- Konrad Adenauer.
- Ricky Gervais. Undoubtably the most genius screen creator of all time. (Do watch "After life" !!!)
- Munich, Germany. And Wellington, New Zealand. (as a place to live)
- A great view from where you live. (My brother in-law beats them all!)
- Working as a taxi driver in the city of Munich. As a side-gig.
- IOS, the most beautiful OS there's ever been. And the iCloud.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The Snakepit. As a poker venue, in Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
- Isar-Poker, as a poker venue in Eching, Germany. (close to Munich)
- Sir Pat Stewart and everything with the words "Star Trek" in it.
- The Big Bang Theory. Especially Leonard's character, who I can identify most with myself.
- Working for the good cause. Serving a kindergarten is way more rewarding than serving a bank.
- 2 broke girls (TV series) - light entertainment, but really entertaining!
- Mentors. All of them.